GDi GISDATA implementation services help successful implementation of various GIS and GI related projects.
Implementing a GIS is a complex and demanding process. In simplified way one could say that implementation is process of moving from logical and physical design model to fully functional system. Some specific implementation steps in GIS projects are:
- defining and implementing projections and spatial reference systems / coordinate systems
- defining other reference models such as address models
- developing base map / spatial data infrastructure
- developing symbol sets and legends
- designing map layouts
- defining standard map scales for both soft copy and hard copy maps
- defining organizational schema of GIS support staff
- data migration from the existing system
- maintenance of the software, hardware and data
- perform awareness campaign, at least send an e-mail to all stakeholders and expected future users and organize an opening presentation and a series of seminars
Implementation typically includes testing and quality control of the products of the system.